10:57 Monday 30 December 2013

Fire in wheelie bins spreads to house in Isleham

Written byJORDAN DAY

The side of a house caught fire after two wheelie bins at the property caught light.

The blaze happened at a home in Malting Lane, Isleham.

One fire crew from Soham and another crew from Mildenhall were called at around 3.10pm on Sunday (December 29) and arrived to find two wheelie bins well alight.

The flames had also spread to involve the external side of the house.

A spokeswoman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Firefighters used hose reels to extinguish the fire and returned to their stations by 4.05pm.

“The cause of the fire was accidental.”

Latest News

  1. AIRLIFT: Magpas helicopter in action Man fights for life after being impaled by a drill in Haddenham
  2. Cllr John Palmer Long-serving Soham councillor John Palmer dies, aged 85
  3. Roy and Jean Fordham pictured with their bridesmaid, Stephanie Philips, centre. A diamond wedding anniversary to remember as couple are reunited with lost bridesmaid
  4. East Cambridgeshire District Council's HQ. Suggest uses for vacant properties in East Cambs via new 'Assetbank'
  5. Motorcyclist injured in crash at Northfield Junction on A142 Soham Bypass