11:33 Monday 27 January 2014

Chimney fire sparks 999 call-out in Sutton

Written byJORDAN DAY

Firefighters were called to a chimney fire in Sutton.

The blaze broke out at a property in The Row at around 6.20pm on Friday (January 24).

One fire crew from Chatteris arrived to find flames in the chimney of the house and they used rodding to extinguish it.

A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”

Latest News

  1. AIRLIFT: Magpas helicopter in action Man fights for life after being impaled by a drill in Haddenham
  2. Cllr John Palmer Long-serving Soham councillor John Palmer dies, aged 85
  3. Roy and Jean Fordham pictured with their bridesmaid, Stephanie Philips, centre. A diamond wedding anniversary to remember as couple are reunited with lost bridesmaid
  4. East Cambridgeshire District Council's HQ. Suggest uses for vacant properties in East Cambs via new 'Assetbank'
  5. Motorcyclist injured in crash at Northfield Junction on A142 Soham Bypass