11:33 Monday 27 January 2014

Chimney fire sparks 999 call-out in Sutton

Written byJORDAN DAY

Firefighters were called to a chimney fire in Sutton.

The blaze broke out at a property in The Row at around 6.20pm on Friday (January 24).

One fire crew from Chatteris arrived to find flames in the chimney of the house and they used rodding to extinguish it.

A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”

Latest News

  1. Police issued 88% more speeding fines in 2012 than the year before - but only 62 motorists were fined for breaking the limit in Cambridge's 20 zones Traffic officers will patrol accident blackspots in Cambridge area to crack down on speeding drivers
  2. A Jack Russell Terrier, similar to Ellie. Pensioner speaks out after accidentally crushing dog to death in reclining chair
  3. Children's camps and fitness classes in Ely: get them on the move!
  4. ADeC secures Arts Council funding to develop new Market Place project
  5. Parish nurse Claire Gillett. Point of Light award for parish nurse Claire Gillett