Residents are being encouraged to make the effort to ensure their wheelie bins do not catch fire.
Mark Coupar, from Ely Fire Station, has issued the following advice to help reduce the risk of wheelie bin fires:
• Do not place hot items in the bin, for example hot embers from a spent coal/wood fire.
• Put your wheelie bin out early the morning of collection, rather than late at night.
• Take your bin from the kerbside as soon as possible after collection.
• Help out your neighbour – bring their bin in for them if needed.
• Store your bin away from your house but within the boundary of your property.
Visit www.cambsfire.gov.uk for more information.