Login Register

Garage in Witchford part damaged by fire

By Ely News  |  Posted: January 13, 2014

Comments (0)

A fire broke out in a garage in Witchford yesterday (Sunday).

One fire crew from Ely and another crew from Chatteris were called to the blaze at around 1.55pm.

A fire had broken out in a single storey garage in Sutton Road.

The garage, which measures 5m by 10m, was being used as storage space.

A spokeswoman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used one hose reel and two jets to extinguish the fire.

“Thermal imaging cameras were used to check for hot spots.

“About 10 per cent of the building was damaged by the fire.”

The cause of the fire was accidental, by equipment.

Read more from Ely News

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES