Login Register

Clearing bees’ nest sparks fire in Manea

By Ely News  |  Posted: May 19, 2014

Comments (0)

A homeowner inadvertently set his chimney alight when he tried to set fire to a bees’ nest.

Firefighters were called to High Street in Manea just after 11.20am on Sunday, and found “waxy conditions” caused by the nest made the blaze “very difficult” to extinguish.

Station commander Richard Dykes said: “If homeowners discover a bee or wasp nest in their chimney or at the top of it, we would urge them to get it inspected and removed by a professional.

“Lighting fires is not an effective way to clear these nests and we would encourage people not to do this.”

Read more from Ely News

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES