Login Register
 °

Chimney fire sparks 999 call-out in Sutton

By Ely News  |  Posted: January 27, 2014

Comments (0)

Firefighters were called to a chimney fire in Sutton.

The blaze broke out at a property in The Row at around 6.20pm on Friday (January 24).

One fire crew from Chatteris arrived to find flames in the chimney of the house and they used rodding to extinguish it.

A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”

Read more from Ely News

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES